Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where has September gone?

Somehow, August flew right past us and now September is almost gone too! We have had a busy start to the fall like so many of our friends and family. Bryant's schools are keeping him busy, Marcus is enjoying playtime with friends and the weather for playing outside, and I am keeping busy keeping up with Marcus and Bryant!

Last Friday, Sept 18, Bryant had his right knee "scoped" again. This time the doctor cleaned up some damage behind his knee cap from arthritis and repaired a "leak" that was creating a cyst. He told us that Bryant really shouldn't run any more -- ever. Then he laughed and said "I realize that I am talking to a Marine!" He'll do some physical therapy and then can start cross-training -- running only when mandatory! The procedure went well, and the staff at the Munson Health Center at Fort Leavenworth were great. Bryant even made it home about 5 hours soon than he did last time. Marcus has been Daddy's "big helper" -- bringing him things and following him around the house.

I started playing handbells with the choir at church a couple of weeks ago. I have surprised myself at how I picked back up with it after 10 years away. It's a lot of fun, and I am enjoying getting to know my fellow "ringers."

Marcus and I have enjoyed story-time each week at the Leavenworth Public Library. We have heard some fun stories and have made some neat crafts! Next week we will learn about wagon trains!

We are in full birthday planning mode too! Marcus turns 3 on October 12! We are planning a farm-themed cookout/birthday party with some of our new friends here in Kansas. I am trying hard not to go overboard with the planning! It's so hard because I keep finding so many cute things! Bryant is keeping me under control.

Hard to believe summer is behind us and fall is making it's way in. The leaves here are changing and there is a nip in the air at night. We are enjoying our first "real" fall in 3 years! Looking forward to fun fall activities and the holidays that won't be far behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment